Endoscopic Ultrasound in Wichita, KS
As board-certified, fellowship-trained gastroenterologists, the physicians of KU-Wichita Gastroenterology in Wichita, Kansas specialize in performing endoscopic ultrasounds. Call (316) 293-3455 to schedule an appointment at our gastroenterology office in Wichita, KS today!
What is an Endoscopic Ultrasound?
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) is a non-surgical procedure that allows detailed imaging of the upper and lower digestive tracts and surrounding organs including the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, and lymph nodes using high-frequency sound waves. The small ultrasound probe is attached to the end of a long flexible tube called an echoendoscope that is inserted via the mouth or rectum into the digestive tract.
Using the tiny ultrasound probe on the end of the endoscope allows the probe to be placed very close to the organ of interest and produces much higher quality images than traditional ultrasound techniques performed through the skin. EUS can be used to evaluate the layers of the gastrointestinal tract wall and also utilizes Doppler technology to improve safety in obtaining biopsies of surrounding organs through the GI tract wall.
Endoscopic Ultrasound is used to assess patients for:
- Chronic Pancreatitis/Pancreatic Cancer.
- Management / Drainage of Pancreatic Cyst
- Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) / Biopsy and Staging of Pancreatic Masses.
- Management of Pain with Celiac Plexus Block / Neurolysis.
- Evaluation of the Bile Ducts for Stones and Mass Lesions.
- Staging of Esophageal, Gastric, Duodenal, and Rectal Cancers.
- Lymph Node Fine Needle Aspiration and Biopsy in the Chest / Mediastinum.
- Submucosal Lesion Evaluation / Biopsy / Resection.
Request an Appointment in Wichita Today!
If you are in need of an endoscopic ultrasound, call (316) 293-3455 to request an appointment at our gastroenterology office in Wichita, KS today!